Saturday, February 10, 2007

Fish Stories

Weather has finally turned and the wind has died down sufficiently to be able to go fishing. One of our favorite spots is to fish the bridge piers. Most all of them hold sizeable fish although we did have a surprise when reeling in a mutton snapper....... a huge Bull Shark came up and tried to take the fish I had caught. I jerked the line so hard I pulled the fish right out of the sharks mouth and it ended on top of the bimini top. Exciting and scary!!!!
On another day, we took Matt and Alice out with us with Marge and Alice catching all the fish! They started with two nice (although not legal) Grouper.....I did catch a puffer fish!Our friend Jim was out with two friends from home and came back with a huge Bull Shark that they caught. It weighed over two hundred pounds and it took them 1-1/2 hours to land it with 50# line.
Incidentally that fish was just a little bigger than the shark that followed my catch up to the transom of our boat.